Monday, May 4, 2009

Welcome our First Mate! Arrrrrrrr

My sister Stacie and her husband Jobe welcomed their First Mate Cash in September! Instead of the usual women filled baby shower we decided to have a "Family Baby Shower". That's how the Pirate theme came about! I wanted something boyish but not too babish--so we didn't scare all the men away! The pirates were perfect mixture of sweet baby boy and big boy fun!


This treasure chest full of goodies doubled as a wonderful table decoration and also our hostess gift! I filled it with many Pirate treasures!My favorite was the Pirate doll that teaches kids to tie their shoes, zip their coat, and button their sweaters! I got this at a wonderful toy store in Norman called Kidoodles (be sure and notice the kid size door!)






I found these wonderful Pirate Pinatas that are great table decorations and also super fun for the kids at the end of the shower!

This was probably my favorite addition to the shower! The Cake! (it was yummy too) I saw this baby cake in a magizine and thought it was adorable....but a little too plain for my shower! So I thought " Hey why not add a eye patch and a pirate striped scarf!" Look for ordinary baby decor and spice it up with your own party themed flair!







Welcome our First Mate!







Stacie and Jobe opening their many gifts with the adorable Pirate balloon looming over!





I had tons of Pirate attire for everyone to get in their own Pirate character!




For young and old!


















Aiden looking good as a the Captain of the Sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment